Why choose MTG Kiddie-Kath® Closed System Catheters?
- The first intermittent catheter within a bag designed for pediatrics and adolescents
- Available in 8 and 10 Fr., 10″ and 16″ length
- Mini-Pak fits in pocket and includes privacy bag for discreet disposal
- Our introducer tip and closed system catheter help reduce the risk of urinary tract infection.
- The 10 Fr. version is named MTG EZ-Advancer®
MTG Kiddie-Kath® Makes Self-Catheterization Easier
Ever wonder why nearly every pediatric intermittent catheter is in a pouch too big for a pocket? Or, if you are familiar with closed system catheters, why are most pediatric products packaged with the same size collection bag as adult versions? After several years of development, and listening to children and parents alike, we’re pleased to introduce MTG Kiddie-Kath®, the first intermittent urinary catheter within a bag just for kids.
Video: How To Self-Catheterize With MTG Kiddie-Kath® Catheter
How MTG Kiddie-Kath® Makes Cathing Better for Kids
Privacy is a big deal to everyone, especially children, when it comes to their bladder catheterizations. MTG Kiddie-Kath® is in a child-friendly “Mini-Pak “ outer package, and easily fits in a pocket or backpack. We also learned that many children are self-conscious about lubricant spills on their clothes, and discarding used catheter supplies in a school waste can. Pre-lubrication minimizes mess to keep clothes lube-free. We also include our popular privacy bag for discreet disposal of used catheter and supplies. With MTG, your child will realize that cathing can be quick and easy. They won’t have to explain their bladder program to other curious kids.
Parents uniformly agree that when it comes to urinary retention issues, the sooner their son or daughter can self-catheterize, the better. With the goal of reducing the assistance of parents, the school nurse, etc., we began designing our pediatric product. MTG Kiddie-Kath® is an easy-to-use, pre-lubricated, no-touch system. The benefits go far beyond convenience. First, all MTG products are 100% latex-free, so there’s no latex allergy concern which can be especially important for patients with spina bifida. Recurrent urinary tract infections (UTIs) can be a serious problem for anyone managing their bladder with intermittent catheterization. Poor technique can be a contributing factor concerning UTIs, and when children are self-cathing, washing of the hands and the urethral opening beforehand may not always be perfect. Rest assured, parents, if used properly, the catheter tube will not come in contact with the hands or fingers, since the tube is self-contained within the sterile collection bag. During insertion, proper use of the silicone introducer tip will enable the catheter to avoid exposure to bacteria located within the distal urethra.
If your child is in a wheelchair, and cannot easily transfer to the toilet, MTG Kiddie-Kath® enables them to cath in their chair or bed. The closed system is equipped with a 700ml or 1500ml collection bag. Simply insert the catheter, advance to the bladder, and as urine flows, the bag will collect the fluid. When voiding is complete, gently remove the catheter and hold bag upright to prevent spillage.
If dexterity limitations are an issue, MTG Kiddie-Kath® includes our patented EZ-Advancer® valve so as you advance the tube, it remains stable. Squeezing of the tube is not required to prevent the tube from slipping back. Each catheter, 8 or 10 Fr., includes our smooth, fire-polished eyelets for maximum comfort. MTG Kiddie-Kath® is 100% latex-free, and the tube is DEHP and BPA free. For questions concerning how to use catheters we offer instructional videos for your review.
MTG Kiddie-Kath® may be the perfect catheter for kids with urinary diversions, including the popular Mitrofanoff continent stoma. Since urine is collected in the bag, there’s no need for a urinal, or to immediately direct the fluid into the toilet.
MTG Kiddie-Kath® Closed System Catheter Features
- The catheter is available in 8, and 10 Fr., 10” and 16″ length. The 10 Fr. version is named MTG EZ-Advancer®
- The catheter is pre-lubricated, so setup time is minimal
- The MTG introducer tip is designed to reduce the risk of recurrent Urinary Tract Infections (see instructional male or female video for proper usage instructions)
- The EZ-Advancer® valve secures the catheter tube after each forward advancement, preventing retraction during insertion
- Soft, fire polished, smooth eyelets (drainage holes) allow for comfortable passage through the urethra and into the bladder
- Offset eyes, located near the tip of the catheter, provide drainage from two points within the bladder
- The catheter bag protects the sterility of the tube and collects the urine. The collection bag capacity is either 700ml or 1500ml
- Sterile sample can be collected (see Sample Retrieval)
- 100% latex-free
- BZK, clear, odor-free, alcohol-free, cleansing wipe or swabsticks are provided in kit versions
- DEHP and BPA free catheter tube
- Mini-Pak outer package only available in 10″ catheter length varieties
- Privacy bag for discreet disposal of used supplies in some kits