Why choose MTG Jiffy Cath® Coude Tip Closed System Catheters?
- Catheter can be pushed back into the bag for easy disposal after use
- Curved coude tip closed system catheter helps get past tight spots.
- Available in soft or firm.
- Ideal for the male with enlarged prostate or strictures.
- Less likely to buckle than straight tip catheters.
- 16” length catheter with polished eyes and soft introducer tip
- Our closed system catheters means your hand never touches the catheter tube, reducing risk of urinary tract infection
Curved coude tip (left) and straight tip (right)
MTG Jiffy Cath® Coude Tip Makes Self-Catheterization Easier
Coude (coo-day) is a French word that means bend or elbow. MTG coude tip catheters have a curved tip that doctors prescribe when a patient has conditions that can make inserting a straight tip catheter difficult. The curved coude catheter can navigate more easily past tight spots, common in the male with enlarged prostate or strictures along the urethra.
Our closed system catheters means your hand never touches the catheter tube, reducing the risk of urinary tract infection.
Specify if your doctor has prescribed coude tip, or straight tip when requesting MTG Jiffy Cath® catheters from our Samples Request page. This page features MTG Jiffy Cath® with a coude tip. For a straight tip, see our straight tip version.
Video: How To Self-Catheterize With MTG Jiffy Cath® Coude Tip Closed System Catheter
MTG Jiffy Cath® Coude Tip Features
- Curved coude tip makes it easier to navigate catheter past tight spots, strictures, or an enlarged prostate
- Privacy bag included for discreet disposal of used catheter and supplies
- Pre-lubricated catheter makes it easier and faster to use
- Our unique MTG introducer tip can lessen the risk of the recurrence of urinary tract infections
- Soft, fire polished, smooth eyelets (drainage holes) allow for comfortable passage through the urethra and into the bladder
- Offset eyes, located near the tip of the catheter, provide drainage from two points within the bladder
- The closed system protects the sterility of the tube and collects the urine. The bag capacity is 1500 ml
- The catheter is available in 12, 14 or 16 Fr., 16” length. Soft or firm
- See video on How To Use MTG Jiffy Cath® Coude Tip Catheters
- 100% latex-free
- BZK, clear, odor-free, alcohol-free, cleansing wipe is provided in kit versions
- DEHP and BPA free