Why choose MTG Cath-Lean® Female Closed System Catheters?
- The first intermittent catheter within a bag specifically created for women
- Mini-Pak fits in your pocket or purse
- Privacy bag for discreet disposal
- Pre-lubricated, so faster to use
- EZ-Advancer® valve holds the catheter tube after each advancement
- Introducer tip reduces risk of urinary tract infections
MTG Cath-Lean® Makes Self-Catheterization Easier
Until recently, women used the same urinary catheter as men, particularly with closed system catheters. We are proud to offer MTG Cath-Lean®, a uniquely female bag catheter, affording infection protection. Recurrent urinary tract infections (UTIs) can be life-threatening. Know that MTG Cath-Lean® provides UTI defense via the introducer tip, protecting the tube from bacteria located within the distal urethra. Potential contamination is also reduced since the sterile tube is passed from within the sterile collection bag and into the bladder without coming in contact with the fingers, gloves, etc.
Scroll down to see a video showing how to self-catheterize with MTG Cath-Lean®.
Video: How To Self-Catheterize With MTG Cath-Lean® Catheter
If dexterity limitations are an issue, MTG Cath-Lean® includes our patented EZ-Advancer® valve so as you advance the tube, it remains stable. Squeezing is not required to prevent the tube from slipping back. Each 6” long, 12 or 14 Fr. catheter includes our smooth, polished eyelets for maximum comfort. MTG Cath-Lean® is 100% latex-free, and the catheter tube is DEHP and BPA free.
MTG Cath-Lean® Closed System Catheter Features
- The catheter is pre-lubricated, so setup time is minimal
- The MTG introducer tip is designed to reduce the risk of recurrent urinary tract infections (see video for proper usage instructions)
- Soft, fire-polished, smooth eyelets (drainage holes) allow for comfortable passage through the urethra and into the bladder
- Offset eyes, located near the tip of the catheter, provide drainage from two points within the bladder
- The EZ-Advancer® valve secures the catheter tube after each forward advancement, preventing retraction into the bag during insertion
- The catheter bag protects the sterility of the tube and collects the urine. The collection bag capacity is 700ml. (see MTG EZ-Advancer® should larger capacity be desired)
- Sterile sample can be collected (see Sample Retrieval)
- The MTG Cath-Lean® is available in 12 and 14 Fr., 6” length (see MTG EZ-Advancer® should longer length be desired, or if 16 Fr. is prescribed)
- 100% latex-free
- BZK, clear, odor-free, alcohol-free, cleansing wipes are provided in kit versions
- DEHP and BPA free catheter tube
- Mini-Pak outer package fits easily in your pocket or purse
- Privacy bag for discreet disposal of used supplies